Esthetic & Cosmetic Dentistry
Although nothing beats the appearance of natural teeth, aesthetic dentistry is mainly about restoring the decayed teeth to their natural appearance.
Veneers are among the top choices when it comes to aesthetic dentistry: a porcelain facing is placed on the external side of the front teeth in order to cover all the discoloration brought by intrinsic causes (from birth or caused by medication) or extrinsic factors (such as smoking, tea or coffee discoloration) which adhered in the teeth in the course of time. These are ideal solutions for the upper and lower front teeth.
Today, you can also fix your smile easily thanks to numerous types of treatments:
- or tooth bleaching, a procedure that helps eliminate tooth discoloration, so that teeth regain their natural color. Diastema closure of the front teeth can be done by applying veneers or a tooth colored filling.
– is performed for aesthetic reasons, although it takes two years or more to see the results. This long term treatment helps straighten the dentition, eliminating the crowding and creating spaces so that all teeth will fit in in one arch.
Today, clear orthodontic aligners can replace metal braces to straighten the teeth, as they are invisible and thus easier to wear.
Full Porcelain- Zirkonia Crowns
– Full porcelain crowns are also preferred for their aesthetic value. It is one of the best treatment options for heavily damaged teeth that need extensive fillings.
– If you have chipped teeth, the dentist can attach a tooth-colored composite resin to the teeth to improve the appearance of your denture.
– usually made of titanium (but today other modern, improved materials are used) are fitted with a crown to create a natural-looking replacement for the missing teeth. When you have decided to have such a treatment done, search for a good dental implant centre which can guarantee top quality results.
– attached to the teeth on either side of the space — are used to replace missing teeth.
Inlays & Onlays
– (fillings attached inside the tooth or on the biting surface) – can be fabricated from porcelain or composite in a dental laboratory to more closely match the color of a tooth.
– are barely noticeable as they can be fabricated in a color very close to your denture.
Cosmetic Gum Surgery
– Sometimes, a minor aesthetic surgery is necessary to reshape gum tissue to give it a more leveled appearance.
Tooth Contouring & Reshaping
– This aesthetic dentistry procedure is used by cosmetic dentists to smooth out or reshape teeth.
These are the most important procedures used in cosmetic dentistry. As people are more and more obsessed with perfect looks, aesthetic dentists are more and more popular around the world.